I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor working with individuals and couples. My training included a range of approaches; Psychodynamic, Humanistic, and Cognitive-Behavioral, which enables me to work integratively using techniques that may be best suited to your specific needs. However, I would describe myself as being grounded in Psychodynamic Theory. This means I work from the premise that our early experiences create recurring patterns that continue to influence the way we experience our reality and relate to others. By bringing these repetitive patterns into awareness, we can succeed in creating lasting change.
Training & Qualifications
- I am an Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and am bound by its code of ethics.
- I have an MPhil in Psychology and Education from the University of Cambridge. (2008)
- I have a Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society.
- I have a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. (2013)
- I have completed Relate’s Level 5 Course in Relationship Counselling. (2018)
- I have a Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (2020)
- I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR). (2021)
- I attend regular supervision with a fully qualified and experienced psychotherapist.
- I have worked as a Volunteer Counsellor for mental health charities in Cambridge as I believe counselling should be accessible to anyone who feel they may benefit from it.
- I have previously worked with children with autism as a behavioural therapist.
Registered with BACP’s Find a Therapist website.
I hold my sessions in a comfortable, welcoming and friendly environment at two different addresses; Madingley Road (CB3 0EL) and my home office at Papworth Everard (CB23 3NX). There is parking available at both locations.